Answered

Miro user interface

• 7 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I have been using Miro for several months now. I love the complexity of the boards I can build (and the simple ones too).  But I have found it’s user interface horrible. I often drag things when I want just to change position of what I have on the board. I have difficulty clicking where i can change text or selectin an item to move. I am not a software newbie - but continue to struggle.

Maybe I just haven’t slowed down enough.  I was wondering if others had this problem and what I can do about it. 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 8 November 2020, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AlShalloway -

I’ve found that the right zoom level for editing is usually higher than the level that you would view or do simple interactions with a board. I do agree that certain user operations might take one or two attempts to perform, but having created some pretty detailed boards, I’ve never had it get to the level where it becomes too frustrating.

You should also check your navigation settings to make sure they are set correctly for mouse or trackpad as that is a common source of pain for some of my students when they first use Miro.

Kiron

thanks. it may be that i will find greater ease with the trackball setting. but i think it is more than zoom. if you’re not frustrated, maybe when you get 5 minutes you can ping me on teams and help me out? :)