Miro has become too slow

• 14 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

When I started using miro it reacted very fast. Now it is getting slower and slower from month to month, despite my internet connection being stable at 70 MBit/second.

What happens here? Are you sitting new customers on fast machines, and shifting your loyal customers to slower machines?

Please do not tell us: too much load … that means many customers and much money that you could invest into fast infrastruchture. Why dont you do that?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Wolfgang Reimesch -

I’ve not noticed any degradation in board loading and interaction performance over the two years I’ve been using it. Is this happening on all boards? Can you provide some quantitative info - for example, when loading or interacting with a board that has a few objects (e.g. 10 sticky notes), how long does that take?

Kiron

Same problem here. The Miro app has gotten significantly slower and slower over the past year. The problem occurs irrespective of the computer used. The internet connection is not the issue. One often needs to use the browser version instead of the app as the loading time can take minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Same problem here. The Miro app has gotten significantly slower and slower over the past year. The problem occurs irrespective of the computer used. The internet connection is not the issue. One often needs to use the browser version instead of the app as the loading time can take minutes.

@Brice Ménard - I have not noticed this and use the Miro desktop app almost daily.

It sounds like you have ruled out the computer/device/OS and the Internet connection.

A few questions:

• How about the boards you are opening – how many objects are on them? Does a board with few sticky notes open quicker than, say, a board with ten images, e.g., JPGs?
  • Does this happen for all boards or just one? For all team members or just you?
  • Your network/Internet connection – Are you on a VPN and have you tried disabling it?
  • Have you tried resetting the Miro Desktop app? (Or completely reinstalling it?)

Hi, same here.

Miro’s poor performance is quite anoyning. Since they introduced new features, Miro is getting slower and slower till the point that I can not use it in real time work with my clients. I’m considering moving to a diffenrent software if the performace cannot be improved. I really hope they find a reliable solution soon.

Userlevel 1

I too have notice quite a lag in selecting and moving objects and stickie notes. I thought I was because  I had a ton so I deleted most it helped a bit. but tonight I’m having trouble just moving boxes around. This is making me very sad.

Userlevel 3

yep, this is becoming a deal breaker - used to be so quick and agile. I can’t risk workshops not flowing well as participants become frustrated with the speed. It’s a real pity.

Same problem here, user for 2 years and board take 10+ minutes to load if they even load. I and my team, with different machines in different cities, have had outages for entire days even with restarting, fast computers and excellent internet connection. These delays have gotten even worse the past 6 months. 

Please don’t respond with bigger boards taking longer to load either. That, after all, is the point of the software. 

Without resolution I will recommend not using this software going forward and when asked will not recommend renewing our company’s enterprise licenses.