Answered

Miro Boards From Two Organizations/Email Accounts Inside Desktop App?

• 10 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Due to the general brilliance of Miro, two organizations I work for are using it.

I have my main job, which has an enterprise license and I log in with my email address at that organization.

I also have my part-time teaching job, which has an educational license, and I log in with my email address for that school.

I would like to be able to switch between boards from each organization within the desktop app. Is this possible?

My workaround is to be logged into one organization on the desktop app and the other in a browser...

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 10 September 2020, 16:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stuart Bridgett - Thanks for the detailed description of your scenario, desired outcome, and workaround. Unfortunately, I don’t think this is possible (in the Windows desktop anyway - presumably in the Mac one either). I have the current stable Windows 64-bit app and a beta one too and cannot find an option to sign into another Miro account profile). I also cant’ find anything about this in the Desktop App help article.

This would be REALLY nice to have as I have three account profiles myself and have to use a mix of the desktop app and two browsers. I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Now you’ve also got me thinking that there may be a Chrome browser extension that allows for something like this - I’ll let you know if I find something.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stuart Bridgett -

the approach shared by @mlanders in this post sounds like it would work for you - essentially, you want to have access to the boards from both the teams you are in:

HOW TO: Copy content from a free acount to the company account whiteboard? | Miro

Kiron

I have the same use case as @Stuart Bridgett and would like to be able to use multiple accounts in the desktop app.

As an example: Slack allows the use of multiple accounts easily. They line them up in a vertical bar at the left side of the screen in the same way you do it with the teams.