Mind map linking leaves and focus

• 23 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I want to map out dependencies between some of my leaves in my mind map (and I figured out how to do this). 

What I am now trying to do is to bring focus / bring to front (or something of that nature) all the linked items when selecting the leaf. Is that possible, and if so, how do I do that?

I have a big mind map, and there are lots of links (dependencies), so I basically want to know whether the tool has a feature that makes only the linked/dependent leaves visible when selecting a leaf with links/dependencies.

Is there such a feature?

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Esckays -

I’m not aware of any native way to bring to the front or highlight objects which possess a certain characteristic, but this might be possible to be developed using the Miro API. @Max Harper - is this feasible?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Kiron Bondale @Esckays 

Half of this can be currently done with Miro’s V2 API ( bring forward :white_check_mark: , native mind map :x: ). If you build mind maps NOT with the native mindmap tool but with lines and objects this can be done! I did an experiment like this a year ago… where I highlighted which items were connected to a selected item in the network. I did it in response to this thread, but I didn’t end up making a prototype because the use-case space is very large. Perhaps I should revisit...

‘bringToFront’ IS a supported function.

Mind Map is NOT a supported ‘item’

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Excellent @Max Harper - I knew you’d have a way of making this work!

Kiron