Skip to main content

Making Shapes: Creating a simple variable arc of different lengths

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I’m looking for a way to create an arc of variable lengths (e.g. as can be done in MS Word or PPT.) Miro doesn’t have this currently. Has anyone who also needed this found a sensible workaround?

This is actually quite related to @Sean Kelleher’s request for dynamic triangle shapes. Miro would benefit by having dynamic shapes.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brian Fulghum - Can you post an example picture of what you are trying to replicate?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Robert Johnson.  Here’s a sample from another program. By click-dragging the yellow dots on the arc you can make it any length of a 360 circle.

Customizable Arcs

Current Miro shapes don’t have this. Smart Drawing won’t create variable length arcs - it only turns drawing into the currently provided shapes.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brian Fulghum - I see what you mean now. Yes, Miro is lacking here. About the best I could do was using the connection line:

Steps I used:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Robert Johnson  Yes, that’s a quick workaround for drawings. Thanks for the idea.  I have gone to MS Word to create the shape I want and then past an image of it. That way isn’t dynamic, but gets me precisely the shape I want.

(RS) 4 opaque squares + 1 circle
(RS) 3 opaque squares + 1 circle
(RS) 1 yellow square in back + 1 green circle + 3 opaque white squares in front

​​​​​​Group together & resize