Lost Miro board when upgrade to educatoinal license

• 5 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi

My colleague lost her board when she upgraded to educational license. How does she recover it? (I am pedagogical IT support).

Br

Anna

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anna Granberg -

When you say she “lost” it, has she tried to access it directly (i.e. not through the Miro dashboard) using the board’s URL, and if so, what error message is she getting?

Kiron

She doesn’t have the link unfortunately. Thanks for answering! 

Anna

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When a user is upgraded is approved for an Education Plan, their existing Free Plan should have been upgraded.

A few question:

1. How many teams do they have access to when they sign in using their education institution’s email address? The teams their Miro account profile are associated with will be on the left side of their dashboard, like so:

They can switch between teams when clicking on these icons.

2. How did they load the board before? Was it is their list of boards in their dashboard?

Another possibility is that they were a member of someone else’s team and created the board there, but someone later removed them from the team.

They could try searching for it by the board name in their browser’s History. E.g., in Chrome, press Ctrl+H to open the history, and search for the name of the board.

Hi, thank you for your answer:

1. She has access to 2 teams (and she cannot find them in any of those teams)
  2. Yes the list of boards in the Dashboard. Now there is only an empty one-

I ask my colleagues if she has created by mistake in their profiles. 

Thanks! Anna