Skip to main content

I got locked out of my own board as a commenter
what can I do?

@Itay E 
I’d be happy to help here!

Normally the owner of the board always has full edit access to their own boards and it cannot be changed by any other user. So I assume you’re not currently the owner of the board in question. However, in order for us to find more details about your case I will convert this post to a support ticket. Hopefully, we’ll be able to find out what’s happened with your board.

Speak to you soon!

Was this resolved? If so, how? I encountered the same issue where I lost editor access to a board I had created. I was the only person working on the board.

Hi @Tobias Heller 

Sorry to hear about your issues. This article outlines a few things to try when you’re locked out of a board. Are you over your board limit? If your account only gives you 3 boards, for example, when you create a 4th board, one of the boards becomes uneditable, unless you upgrade.

Also, have you ensured that your board’s “Team” access is NOT set to “No access?” For example:

Thank you for the quick answer. The issue was that my company-internal trial had run out. I would have liked a nudge to that somewhere in the UI, nothing (next to forum posts) indicated that licensing was the issue.

Hi @Tobias Heller  

Thanks for the update, this will be helpful for others in the community. Sorry to hear about this frustration, but we appreciate you letting us know either way.