Laggy on M1 iPad

Userlevel 2

I have been using a 1st generation iPad Pro (11 inch) with A12X chip for the last couple of years and have had no problem with Miro.

However I recently got a new, 5th generation iPad Pro (12.9 inch) with the M1 chip and Miro is now extremely difficult to write on with the Apple Pencil because of lag. I use Miro to conduct my tutoring sessions so it is always a one on one situation, not a crowded board. 

Is this a known issue, perhaps something with the M1 chip? This is potentially a huge dealbreaker for me. I have tried reinstalling the app, swapping different Apple pencils, etc., with no improvement. 

13 replies

Userlevel 2

I filed a support ticket that was escalated back in June. I just contacted them for an update… I will report back with any new information.

I’m facing the same issue here in Apple iPad Air 5 M1 chip.

Hope it would get fixed soon~

I have been troubling that has been occurring with the same issue in my iPad Pro M1, too.
I hope to be improved the issue.
By the way, the lag occurs in both Miro app and Chrome when writing with Apple pencil

I’m having the same issue!  I bought an iPad Pro 12.9 (M1) to use miro on the big screen, so I'm waiting for improvements!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst I hope it gets solved! 💜

Userlevel 2

@Henrik Ståhl I will do that now. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst @Won Ashenafi Did any of you reach out to the Miro support and opened up a support ticket? I think that is your best option.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support

Im having the same issue. My ipad air keeps lagging whenever I use the apple pencil and its super frustrating when using it while I work. Any solutions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@John Terhorst Then it's likey something with the Miro app. 😞 One more question: Have you tried turning off all apps except Miro and see if it makes any difference?

Userlevel 2

Hello @Henrik Ståhl - I did check this, for example writing in Notability with the Apple Pencil is fine, no lag. But in Miro the lines lag behind the pencil unless I draw very slowly. I have also tried a different Wi-Fi connection and gotten the same results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @John Terhorst! Just curious, is Miro the only app on your new iPad that has this issue? Are you using the Apple Pencil in other apps?

Userlevel 2

Hi @Alyona - I did try in Safari and the results were the same as in the app. Hope this helps.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @John Terhorst

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Sorry to hear you faced this issue. Could you please check if the same lag occurs should you open Miro's web version in a browser (if possible - in Safari)? This will help us understand whether the issue is specific to the app or the device in general.