Skip to main content

There is a bug with the enter key inside nodes.

Hi @Kelvin Kredens 

Thanks for flagging this issue! I see what you mean with the "enter" key inside the nodes—it seems like a bug where pressing "enter" adds a new line rather than creating a new node or topic. I’ll go ahead and convert your post to a support ticket. Please check your inbox for their response. Kindly share the steps provided by supports as well in the community to help others who experience the same issue.

In the meantime, you can try using Shift + Enter for a new line, or pressing just Enter for a new node, depending on your intended use.

Also, if you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening October 8th. Please let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help! 

I have it where it adds a new line and a new node.

Hi @25Xela,

Thanks for your input! It looks like you’re experiencing a similar issue where pressing "Enter" adds both a new line and a new node. This seems consistent with what other users, like Kelvin, have reported.

Our team is aware of this behavior, and we're actively investigating a solution. In the meantime, you can try the following as a temporary workaround:

• Shift + Enter: This should help if you're looking to add a new line within the same node.
  • Enter: Ideally, this creates a new node on its own, but if you're seeing both a new line and a node, our team will address that bug soon.

Thank you for sharing your experience, and feel free to check back here for updates! We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Also having the same issue (Sonoma 14.6.1., Chrome)

Same here (Sonoma 14.5, chrome)
Let us know if you need other information to fix this. @Eca 

Same issue on Edge, Chrome, Opera. I haven't tested any others yet. 

Same problem, when you press enter create a new line blank line and a new node. Very frustrating 

Hey!

I have the same bug. I press Enter and the new node is created, and the new line is added. Vey annoying :(

MacOS 15.0.1 (24A348)
Chrome Version 130.0.6723.59 (Official Build) (arm64)

Hey guys... this is becoming very annoying... Please, give some attention to this.. It was working before this major update...

Hello, same issue here. Could you please provide an ETA as to when the issue will be resolved?

MacOS 15.0 (24A335)

Version 129.0.6668.103 (Official Build) (arm64)

Same problem here, is there any other shortcut for adding nodes?