JPG exports to blank page

• 26 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

whenever I try to export my board to a jpg all I get is a blank page OR only a small part of my board. What could be the problem? The PDF export works just fine.

I am on a paid subscription

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Best,

Joanna

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joanna Karwecka - When exporting a board as an image, you should be prompted to select the visible area of the board that will make up the exported image.

Example - when I select Export this board → Save as image, I see:

Which results in:

Are you seeing this “board selection area” when selecting Save as image?

More information on this in the How to export your board Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572754-How-to-export-your-board#h_addbdd43-b51c-41ca-bfbb-ca328e5124ef

Hi! I wanted to echo Joanna’s question because I’m experiencing a similar issue, except I’m having trouble with both the “save as image” and “save as .pdf” options.

When saving as an image, there’s the option to select part of the board (which I did), but the saved image only displays a piece of what I selected and it is not centered.

When saving as a .pdf, the same thing happens. Even though all of the contents are centered in a frame, the saved .pdf shows contents that are cut-off and not centered. It’s strange because I wasn’t having issues with this yesterday and it’s the same board.

Thank you for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@FrancescaI - From what you are describing, it does sound like there may be a bug.

I will convert your comment into a Miro support ticket.

It would be helpful if you could please let us know what the Miro support team tells you.

In the future, you can open a ticket from your Miro dashboard by following the steps in this artcle:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FrancescaI & @Robert Johnson -

I just did a test with a course board I will be using tomorrow which has multiple frames of different sizes and the high quality PDF export worked as expected.

Kiron

Hello,

@Robert Johnson Can Miro please fix this. It’s a bug. I tried it on my old 2013 MAC and export works perfect, but not in my 2019 16-inch MAC. Both have latest Chrome version Version 97.0.4692.99.

Thanks

Export Frame vs Export Board

I am experiencing the issue when I export frames. 
Exported frames show up as blank jpgs.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@David S - What Miro plan type are you using?

Also, can you do a screen recording of your exact steps, so we can see the steps and unexpected results of a blank JPG?

To avoid exposing confidential/sensitive information, you could

1. create a new Miro board,
  2. add a frame with a few sample objects that you are trying to export,
  3. and then export the frame as you have been doing.

Loom is free and quite easy to use to create and share screen recordings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@David S - For example, here are the steps I am taking (Windows 11, latest stable Chrome):