Jira integration works for some teams but not others

• 30 May 2022
  • 1 reply

For most of our Teams, when I choose Apps & Integrations, Jira, I see the page with URL, Consumer Key, Consumer Name, Public Key, Jira URL, etc.  I can update the Jira URL, choose Connect without error.  Then I can also click Connect on the ‘Jira personal account’ section without error.  Based on this, I believe our overall Jira Application link is working okay.

However, in a couple of our Teams, when I choose Apps & Integrations, Jira, I only see the ‘Jira Personal account’ section and the connection fails with a ‘Jira is not connected’ message.  This page is missing the Consumer Name, Public Key, etc. fields which I see on the other Team’s App & Integration pages.

I tried an uninstall / reinstall of Jira cards, but the behavior is the same.  Why are configuration settings not showing for some teams?

Any ideas?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @bridyfrett 👋

The error Jira is not connected may occur when you have a Member role on the Miro Team where the Miro & Jira Cards integration isn’t set up. So in order to resolve the issue (Jira is not connected), we suggest you do the following:

- Contact your Miro Team Admin and ask them to connect Miro to Jira Cards by following this guide: How to Set Up and to Uninstall Jira Cards. You'll then be able to connect Miro to your personal Jira credentials.

or

- Contact your Miro Team Admin and ask them to upgrade your role to Team Admin so you can set up the integration on your own (only Team Admins can set up the Miro & Jira Cards integration).

Please let us know if it was helpful!