I’ve been working with MIRO free version already for some time with my private email.
Recently I also created a MIRO account with my work email. Shortly after, the owner of the company I currently work at purchased a MIRO plan.
Recently I started to observe a few different problems:
- My private account (on my private email) without any notification or anything is now part of the organisation. I had a couple of my boards there and now they are part of the team account.
- Why is that? I wasn’t added, Wasn’t invited? The only thing I could have done was potentially open a team board with that account (not secured link).
- When I try to remove myself from the team, I get an info that all the boards will be assigned to the team (it’s also described here I believe - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026524453-How-to-Leave-a-Team). But all of them are mine. Why is that? How can I work around it?
- Despite my boss creating the account, the team and paying for the plan, without any notice both my emails (private and work one) became admins. My boss is not an admin anymore, but continues to receive notifications about the upcoming payment, but e.g. cannot manage the users.
- I can transfer the rights to him no problem, but this shouldn’t have happened in the first place
- more importantly, if my private email suddenly became an admin, then that means that any visitor (e.g. client with whom we share a certain project board) could also potentially become an admin. This is a big deal
- We share some of the boards with our customers. They then also share it with 3rd parties.
- Why each such account is added by default to the pool as a team member?
- Not only they might get more access than they should have, but also, I assume it counts into the bill we pay for MIRO.
Additionally, considering what I described in point 1 above, I don’t know if e.g. when I remove our clients/3rd parties from the team, then suddenly their private boards that they might have will suddenly become part of our team AND they might lose access.
To be clear - our team has the “invitation only” setting turned on in the permissions.
Maybe we/he did something wrong. Maybe it’s a matter of some settings. Would be great to get some insights and help how to address point 3 and how I should deal with point 1. Additionally, all things should not be happening this way by default, so I imagine some fixes are seriously needed.
Thanks a lot in advance for any help,