Skip to main content

I am a mathematics tutor and have been using Miro Whiteboard to facilitate my lessons with my students. I greatly appreciate the platform, especially for its ability to allow me to write equations and draw diagrams in real-time.

However, I recently encountered a significant issue: I am currently unable to write on the board and can only type. This limitation affects my teaching, as I rely on the ability to use different colors and handwriting to explain concepts effectively.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue? I look forward to your guidance on how to restore the full functionality of the whiteboard.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards

Hi @Elena Hull,

Thank you for reaching out!

I use a Chrome browser in a Windows desktop and this issue is not reproduced on my end.

To assist you better, could you please share a short video demonstrating the issue and the device you are using when you encounter this issue? Have you noticed this problem on other devices, such as a desktop? Additionally, is this happening on other boards, or is it specific to the one you are currently working on?

Also, have any of your collaborators or students reported experiencing the same issue?

Providing these details will greatly help us in our investigation.

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVK2YVdkQ=/Good evening,

Now I don’t have that “pencil” icon on the right.

I am using Chromebook

Hi @Elena Hull 

Could you please try the following:

1.  P shorcut key - Kindly try to press the P key and see of the pen tool will be triggered
  2. Pin the Pen tool -  The pen tool could have been unpinned accidentally. Kindly try to find the pen tool within the tools library. Once found, click the pin icon and it should appear in your pinned tools bar.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!