Skip to main content
Question

Is it possible to prevent scrolling in embedded Miro board inside a confluence page?

• 1 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m building documentation pages in confluence and I’m embedding small system and workflow diagrams built in miro.  I want these diagrams remain static/locked when users scroll confluence pages. 

Does this option exist? 

Basically I’m looking for embedded miro board to behave sort of like a draw.io embedded diagram.  Is it possible?

I see this question asked 2-3 years ago, but I can’t find this option implemented. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MarinaL - It is not possible to forcefully lock someone to a specific object/location they when are viewing an embedded Miro board. I believe your best alternative would be to set the embed starting view to a specific frame – more on this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020712594-Miro-for-Confluence#h_01HJ0X251BECB4SHBWG6JKDY0T

Badge +1

Hi Robert, could you please elaborate on the proposed solution?  I looked at the link you posted but I can’t find any setting there that would help me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Robert, could you please elaborate on the proposed solution?  I looked at the link you posted but I can’t find any setting there that would help me. 

Sure! Since you have described wanting to embed a Miro board into a Confluence page and lock the embedded view of the board to just the diagram - which is not currently possible, you could

1. put your diagram in a frame on the Miro board
  2. embed the Miro board into the Confluence page - while doing so, select the frame that contains the diagram as the starting view of the embedded board, i.e., what the user will see first when loading the Confluence page.

As per the instructions in the link above, when you are selecting the Miro board you want to embed, you will see:

Step 3: Select a board from the board picker

The board picker will open. Select the board you wish to embed from the dropdown, or search for a board. Users will only see the boards available to them in Miro, and can only embed boards if they have editor access to them.

Board_picker.png

And then you select the frame where the diagram is:

However, if you are doing all of this just to display a draw.io diagram in a Confluence page, you could just use Draw.io right in Confluence: https://drawio-app.com/blog/getting-started-with-draw-io-for-confluence/

Badge +1

yes, I really want simple Draw.io - like diagrams embedded into my confluence documentation pages. But my firm  doesn't want to spend extra money on Draw.io licenses after paying for Miro licenses.  So I want to figure out how to use Miro for simple diagrams embedded into confluence pages for documentation purposes, not collaboration. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

While it’s not ideal by any means, @MarinaL you could use the draw.io integration in Miro (not sure if you still need draw.io license to use the integration) and then take a screenshot of the final diagram and then add it into Confluence. 

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to lock the view of the embedded Miro board. It’s a great suggestion though, and I highly recommend adding it to the wish list. You can just click on “submit an idea” and add it there. If it gets a lot of upvotes, it will help in prioritising working on this feature in the future. 

Hope this helps, and I’ll keep you updated if I think of any other solutions to your issue.