Question

iPad: Support Magic Keyboard touchpad for zoom, move canvas gestures, similar to Mac touchpad

• 22 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I am using an iPad Pro 12.9, the Magic Keyboard with built-in touchpad. 

I would expect the same experience with a Macbook Touchpad. This is not the case. 

• Two finger gesture does not move the canvas. 
  • Two finger pinch does zoom in/out only erratically. 

I’ve tried the different navigation settings mouse, trackpad, touchscreen but there is no difference. 

Tried in:

• miro native app
  • Safari browser
  • Chrome browser
  • Firefox browser

on iPadOS 14.4.2, latest version of miro app. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Today, when I launched miro and used the touchpad pinch gesture, I noticed that this has significantly improved. Thank you Team Miro! :sunglasses:

If two fingers-swipe-on-touchpad would also move the canvas, like using a mac, this would help me to keep my fingers on the keyboard & touchpad during facilitation of workshops and adding content. 

Cheers Team Miro. Love your work. 

Hey Miro gang,

I haven’t been able to get this to work for me. I’m on an iPad Pro 11, 2020 running 14.5.1 and using the latest magic keyboard. Trying out the keyboard with the trackpad and setting it to trackpad navigation doesn’t seem to work at all. The only thing that does work is pinch to zoom. But I notice the app then becomes super laggy. 

Same issue for me on iPad Pro 11” 2021, such a shame! Not really usable for me with Magic Keyboard if I can’t use trackpad.