Skip to main content

I’m having to leave Miro to lay out flowcharts in Adobe Illustrator instead, due to the interface becoming buggy.   I’m using MacMini M2 with Sonoma OS, downloaded the ‘desktop’ app.

The latest annoying bug is that if I use the ‘drag’ view (pan across screen using middle mouse-button), it gets stuck on that feature, I can’t move the cursor without zooming off drawing-board, or accidentally moving/editing the content on page.

HAve you tested the desktop app on Mac OS on actual Apple hardware?  or just in X-code simulator?

When I use the middle button of my Logi MX mouse it get stuck in drag-pan modus releasing the button not escape exits drag/pan mode. 

I can only close MiroBoard app and reopen.

How do I exit drag/pan mode/

Windows 10 / Miroboard app / Logitech mouse

Hi @Johannes Kingma,

Thanks for reaching out! Just to clarify, is my understanding correct that the board remains in drag or pan mode even when you click your mouse to switch to select mode?

Could you please share a short video demonstrating the issue? This will help us understand what’s happening. Additionally, could you confirm if this issue occurs on other boards as well?

Looking forward to your response so we can help you resolve this!

Hi @KevinAtForzuna,

Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds frustrating to have the drag/pan feature getting stuck like that. I believe you might be experiencing a similar issue to the one discussed in this thread: How to exit drag/pan mode.

To clarify and help you better, could you please let me know what actions you've taken so far to try to fix the issue? For example:

• Have you tried refreshing the app or the tab?
  • Did you attempt to exit from the board and then reopen it?

This information will help us troubleshoot more effectively.

I look forward to helping you resolve this!

Hi,  I close and restart the app. It works perfectly for a while then the bug re-occurs.  I haven’t identified the pattern of use that causes the glitch to occur yet.

Regards,

Kev

Hi @KevinAtForzuna,

Thanks for the update!

Could you please try the following troubleshooting steps and share the result with us? 

Click Miro in the top menu and choose Reset application data as shown in the screenshot below:

reset app data on Mac.png
Resetting the app data on Mac

After that, try to log into the app again and check if the issue is solved.

If resetting does not immediately help proceed to open a finder window > press Command + Shift + G > paste ~/Library/Application Support/RealtimeBoard and delete all app files.

If after these steps and the issue still persists, please let me know.

@Johannes Kingma & @Eca - Just a note that I merged @Johannes Kingma‘s post into this post, i.e., the one you are reading from now.

I had this happen to me today while using Chrome on Windows 11, with a Logitech M650 mouse.

I had just created an image using AI. When the image was still selected, I attempted to left-click to grab and move it, when the stuck-in-pan-mode issue occurred. I very well could have accidentally clicked the mouse middle wheel, but I’m not sure.

I eventually had to press F5 to refresh the browser/reload the board. I have not been able to reproduce the issue since.

Hi @Robert Johnson  FWIW I had this bug this morning. Then it went away. Now it’s back. Fortunately I’ve found (this time) doing a page-refresh in the app clears it. Dumbly I thought too late about opening a developer console to look for errors but I’ll try this next time.

@Kenneth Ritley - Please do let us know if you can figure out the steps that recreate it, or capture logs, and I’ll convert your post into a support ticket 🤝

Okay.. it just happened to me again. As I opened a board, I immediately tried to right-click and pan (maybe even before the board fully loaded), and I got stuck in pad mode. I opened my dev console and was getting errors, so I saved a log and HAR file and will open a support ticket.

Moderator note: I updated the title from “Can't exit/release the drag/pan mode?”

To: “Board getting stuck in pan mode”

Hi everyone, 

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and insights on this issue.

I’ve received feedback from the team that some supports were able to reproduce the pan mode issue, and I’ve converted your comments into a support ticket to ensure this gets thoroughly investigated. At this time, I haven't found any other official reports, so your input here is invaluable. Hopefully, these tickets will help initiate a broader conversation and confirm whether this is indeed a bug.

We’ll keep you updated on any findings. In the meantime, if anyone else encounters this issue or finds a reliable way to reproduce it, please continue to share your details—it will greatly aid the investigation.

Thanks for your patience.

Latest update as of this morning (Oct 7) is that the product team is investigating the issue.