Answered

Importing tags from spreadsheets

• 9 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to attach tags to content imported from a spreadsheet?  For example, I have a spreadsheet with relevant content that was copied from an analyst report.  However, I’ve also attached tags to that content that I would like to use to sort within miro.

Any suggestions?  If the feature doesn’t currently exist would it be possible to create the feature programmatically through the API?

Thanks,

Piet

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 June 2021, 03:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Pieter Kruithof - This is not currently possible using native Miro functionality.

One workaround is to group your imports in your spreadsheet, import them, select them all quickly using Shift + drag, and apply a tag, and repeat.

Miro Developer Platform

This should be possible using the REST API, and maybe there is an option to execute this from a spreadsheet in the board by combining the SDK + API? Here’s a link to the Miro Developer Platform documentation → https://developers.miro.com/docs

Zapier

Maybe there is a way to do this with the Zapier + Google Sheets + Miro integration:

https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/integrations/miro

Wish List Post

I am not initially seeing a Wish List Idea posted to request this - however, my search skills may be weak this evening.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Robert Johnson ,

My team is developing a plugin for Google Docs that enables users to tag content within analyst reports, transcripts, etc.  The tagged content, tags, username, document name, etc are all saved to Google sheets.  Eventually, we’re planning to use machine learning to automate tagging.

We’re interesting in writing an integration that pulls the data from Google sheets into miro for clustering by teams.  As you can imagine, the tags also need to be imported along with their associated content.

Piet

would love this feature as well!

This is interesting Pieter - how is this coming along?