I deleted frame, now receiving missing link error on load

• 28 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I deleted a frame because every time I opened my board, Miro would automatically scroll to that frame. It was a nuisance and I didn’t need it anymore, so I deleted it.

Now when I login to the board, I get an error “Sorry, the linked item has been deleted from this board”.

So there was somehow a link that was automatically taking me to that frame - I don’t know how I did it, and I would like to find it so I can change it to a frame that actually exists.

Can someone help?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Terry K Bell -

That is odd as Miro would allow you to set the default Start View for the board but as soon as someone opens the board and navigates somewhere else in the board where they end up departing the board will be their starting point the next time they access it.

The error message you get is a normal one if you click on a link which points to an object which has been deleted after the link was created. 

What I’m not clear on is what is causing it to trigger upon loading as if you’d clicked on a linked object.

The brute force method of resolving this would be to check all objects on the board for an invalid link and delete the links from those objects.

Kiron

It’s as though the trigger is not on an object, but on loading the board.

update:

I made a duplicate of the board so I could figure out what object might be causing the problem using the method you recommended, but I didn’t get the warning when loading the copy.

Then I returned to the original board and also did not get a warning on it… so I guess it somehow resolved itself.

Thanks for your reply!