Answered

I can't get PNG image transparency to work (shows up as white) is there a trick?

• 14 June 2021
  • 4 replies

PNG images with working transparency (tried in PPT etc) show up with a solid white background in Miro, is there a way to get transparency to function?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 June 2021, 00:39

View original

4 replies

Thanks!  I also found that copy/pasting PNG images is not consistent.  Uploading is the better way to retain formatting.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alexander Gowan - I found the slide in PowerPoint with the stock image you included and it appears that the woman is not a transparent PNG, but the man is (for me at least). I have attached the PNG files I downloaded from the slide:

And when I move them around in the slide I see that the are not both transparent:

Thanks for the quick response!  The cat image works, but the PNG below (stock from msft) is transparent in PPT but white background in Miro???

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alexander Gowan - I am not graphics expert, so bear with me. 

The attached PNG is a file I found from a Google search and it does appear as “transparent” in a Miro board:

To learn more about the file you are experiencing issues with, if it isn’t confidential, you could put the PNG into a Miro board and share a link to the board here? If you have a paid plan, you may be able to use Anyone with the link → Can view. You may need to adjust the Board Content Settings to allow for it to be downloaded.