Answered

I can not select font less than 10px

• 15 April 2020
  • 7 replies

I don't know how to explain this, but in all of my Miro boards, I can't select a font-size less than 10. It seems that is the limit, and there is no way to choose a smaller font. 

Why is this feature in the app? 

icon

Best answer by Kyle.C 15 April 2020, 22:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yeah, I think that is the smallest font size can go. 10px.

There have been a few times where I’ve been building a mockup of something, and I want the disclaimer text to be more like 8px. Rarely though, do I need to go smaller than that.

Hi Miro – is there a solution to text size?

Being able to create text that is smaller than 10px would be great for wireframe co-design activities.

Even adding 8px as lower default would be helpful.

Thanks Warren

Hey Miro Team,

I think I would agree. It would be a lot better to be able to go down in font size as small as possible, especially for items such as disclaimers or small captions of information.

//Shaan

Also, this comment is marked as solved however I think it should be changed to ‘idea’.

//Shaan

Userlevel 5
Badge

@samayo  and @Kyle.C , actually, I can get a font as small as 2px

This question is quite important to deciding what the smallest level should be, and your starting level so that you don’t bump up against limitations when you want to add more fine details.

I created a rough scaling guide here:

I can go smaller than 10 px, but only resizing the TextWindow, and not from the curtain menu that displays the text size (which has indeed a minimum of 10 px). I don’t know if it was made on purpose beacause I don’t quite understand the benefit of setting the TextSize only from resizing the TextWindows instead of setting a number from the curtain menu.

Riccardo

I find a way to work-around and get smaller than 10 px. 

Start with a text box and set font size to Auto. Resize the text box and you will get smaller font size