Skip to main content

I can not edit my board. I am an owner and the only user, the board is not marked as "View Only", but when I open it I can't neither created new text or shape, nor edit any existing. There is no error message or any indication. Just when I double-click on, let's say a text, I can see that for a half of a second the text component changes into editable mode and the resets, component even becomes unselected (this is the state when you left-click on a component once).

Re-login did not help. Also, I can edit my another board.... what's going on?

Okay, for myself I solved the issue by coping this board and the new instance does not have this problem. But it is a workaround for a bug (looks like it is unintended behavior).

Basically, my post happened to be a bug report.

Hi @Cosmic Flow 

Sorry to hear about your issues. Appreciate you updating the post that you figured it out, so it’s helpful for other users. Thanks so much!

I have the same issue, will try and copy my board to see if I can make it editable again.

Edit:

I can confirm that at least for me the workaround (copying the read-only board) did the trick. Just no idea why this would happen. I only have two boards in my team (free plan, me as the only member and admin of the team), so the three board limit should not be in effect.

Hi @Christian B 

Hmmm. Not sure why that would happen either but thank you for sharing your tips and insights, as it may help some of the users later on. 

Hi @Cosmic Flow 

Sorry to hear about your issues. Appreciate you updating the post that you figured it out, so it’s helpful for other users. Thanks so much!

Why don’t you file this as a bug? Even though there is a workaround it is pretty onerous and clearly not by design. I’m invested in this because I have the exact same issue and I’d like to see it fixed.