Answered

How to unshare

Someone has shared a Miro board with me. How do I remove this from my account. I do not wish to see or use this board.

icon

Best answer by Michael Sohn 18 June 2020, 08:43

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @elliot duff,

No worries! If you wish you leave the board, go to your Dashboard, open the board context menu, and click Leave Board.

If you’d like more details, check out this help article on how to leave a board.

I hope that helps!

Michael Sohn

Thanks Michael - I assume that the Board Context Menu is the three dots on the right - in which case there is no option to leave the board. Looking further this appears to be a problem with the free version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow @elliot duff - I guess free Miro boards are like the Hotel California - “you can check in, but you can’t check out” :joy: . Might be a good enhancement request for Miro to add to the free plan...

Userlevel 4

Hi @elliot duff,

Hmm, that’s interesting. Are you able to ask the person who shared the board with you to remove you/revoke the invitation?

Michael Sohn

Yes I could - but the challenge here is that someone can invite you into their board - just before I start a workshop - and find that your board is no longer editable. In other words - someone can “bomb” a miro workshop. The only work around was to create a duplicate board. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @elliot duff,

I’m sorry. I’m a little confused by what you mean. If someone else invites you to their board, you need to click the link to join it.

But if you start a workshop, only the people you’ve invited/who have the link to your board will be able to join.

Michael Sohn

Ok. So in this situation, it appears that someone shared their board (Called Untitled) with me. I cannot recall any invitation to click a link to join the board. I have checked my email, and there is no such request. Where else would I accept the link? 

PS. The person who created the untitled board, was invited into the workshop (and hence my board). All that I can assume is that being unfamilar with Miro, they unintentionally created the Untitled board - and somehow shared their board with me.

Userlevel 4

Hi @elliot duff,

Let’s see if we can get this figured out!

Per this help article, it says “All invitees will receive an email notification and will be able to start working right away — the invite will be active for 30 days. If a non-registered invitee doesn't accept the invite within 30 days, it expires and the user gets deleted from the list.”

So, if you didn’t receive and click the link, I’m not sure how you would have joined his untitled board. This is quite confusing! :sweat_smile:

Perhaps, are you and this person on the same team/project? If so, you might have to leave the team/project. Note that leaving the team will cause you to lose access to the boards on the team, including the ones you created.

What might be the easiest solution that I would recommend is have this person click Share on the untitled board → Manage access → and change the access to Remove.

Michael Sohn

Thanks for the response. Yes it is confusing - I will try some experiments to see if I can replicate the problem. 

Userlevel 4

@elliot duff,

That sounds good.

If you’re still not able to replicate the issue, and you aren’t able to leave the board or have the person who invited you to remove you from the board, you can always reach out and submit a ticket to Miro Support.

Michael Sohn