Question

How to remove Team Members from my account

Hi everybody,

besides my day to day work I´m running a MIRO free account for my private projects. 

For some reason I had to create a Board incl. a team for one of my previous employers in the past.

So in my account there is a team of 20 Users, and I´m the Team Admin.  

As far as I can see, the last activities on the boards available to me are some weeks ago.

But if I head over to User History I can see, that there are active users from today/yesterday within the account/ the team listed within the account.

I can´t see any actual activity or board related to this activity. 

What happens to them and any boards they might have created as team since I´ve left, if I delete the team/users from my account? 

Thank you!

Best regards

Doreen 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Doreen_feinherb - If you delete/remove users from your team, they will lose access to any boards that were in that team. And if that was the only team they were a member of, the next time sign into their Miro account, they will be prompted to create a team of their own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Doreen_feinherb - And because the title of your post was How to remove “Team Members from my account”, here is a link to the Remove Users help center article with instructions on how to remove users:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571234-Remove-users

HI @Robert Johnson 

thank you for your feedback! So if they would like to keep their data, they will have to create a new team in another account and move the boards in question over there? Thanks once again! Cheers Doreen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Doreen_feinherb - I think there are two ways to handle this:

1. You remove all users from your team
  2. you leave the team and create a new Free Plan team.

In both scenarios, as long as boards Share settings are set to “Anyone with the link → Can view” and the board links are known, anyone with the link can open the board and duplicate it to their account.

How you proceed, and the amount of work involved, will depend on the answer to this question: Is this team just you and users from your previous employer?

Hi Robert,

thanks again. 

The team is just me and users from my previous employer. 

If I simply leave the team, they will be able to proceed as before, without any struggles? Do I have to assign a new admin before leaving the team? 

This sounds pretty simple and straight forward. Leaving the team, team is no longer shown in my account, account is still available to me, they can work on as before without any interference. I was afraid there might be some issues related to this, if I go this way?

Cheers Doreen

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Doreen_feinherb - My suggestion would be for you to leave that team and create your own - again, which should happen automatically if that was the only team your Miro account profile is currently a member of.

Before we proceed with detailed next steps, I have another question: Do you only have one team in your Miro account dashboard? For example:

@Robert Johnson As this is my private account, and was used as a spontaneous workaround, this is my only team in this specific account.

So. I will leave this team. How about my admin role - do I have to assign a new admin or will a new admin be chosen randomly, once I have left the team. 

Cheers. Doreen 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Doreen_feinherb - I am 99% sure that Miro would automatically assign the Team Admin role to the remaining team member who has been on the team the longest, but just in case I would suggest that you pick not one, but two new Admins (in case the one admin leaves the company).

Also, if you want to keep any of the boards that are in the team, you can later duplicate the board to your new team by following these steps:

1. Set the board’s Share settings to “Anyone with the link → Can view”
  2. Copy and store the board link/URL for use in step # 4.
  3. Leave the team
  4. Once you have your new team set up, open the board, click on the board name, and use the Duplicate action:

@Robert Johnson Thanks a million for your support! Have a good day. Cheers Doreen