how to drag with stylus?

• 10 June 2022
  • 4 replies

This seems so simple, but  I can't figure it out.

How can you move around the canvas with a stylus? On a surface for example.

The app shows toggles for trackpad and mouse mode, but nothing for a pen.

So with a mouse or touchscreen, I can just ‘grab ‘ the canvas and move it around. But not with a pen? It works everywhere else in windows.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joris Mak - Totally guessing as I have never used a stylus with Miro. Have you tried a double-tap and tag?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joris Mak - Does your stylus have a right-click button? If so, try a right-click and drag.

Or this:

@Joris Mak - Totally guessing as I have never used a stylus with Miro. Have you tried a double-tap and tag?

Tried it, but no :(

@Joris Mak - Does your stylus have a right-click button? If so, try a right-click and drag.

Or this:

Also, tried it just now, but no.

It has a dedicated right-click button (so a button to hold while you tap, it’s easy to try it out on the desktop and get the usual right-click menu). 

In miro it also opens the right-click menu, no dragging.

Dragging with the (real) right button of a mouse does drag, but not with a pen. So it appears to really recognize the click/tap as a stylus tap but they decide to do something different with it.

I discovered that holding the space-bar down works, but this will ofcourse only work with a keyboard connected. How do you drag in tablet mode, since it’s the tablet app?