How to Allow Multiple Participants to Access the Same Link or Document

• 21 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I ran a workshop where I had one link and several documents that participants had to access at the same time. 

But, when one participant clicked on the document or link, it made it impossible for other participants to access the same link.

Is there a way to allow multiple participants the ability to access the same document or link at the same time? 

Thanks,

Bruce

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Bruce Alfred - If you lock objects that contain hyperlinks, all users should be able to click on and activate/go to any hyperlinks - this would include text, shape, web page thumbnails, sticky notes, etc. - basically an Miro objects that are not documents.

If you have embedded a document I to the board, this should also work for those too. I would try locking a document (a d all other objects listed above) and access the board as a visitor in an Incognito browser window and trying accessing these locked objects as the visitor while you are accessing them in the other browser window as yourself. 

I can't test any of this at the moment as I have a three-month sleeping on my lap ☺️

Thanks so much @Robert Johnson! I greatly appreciate your help. I followed your instructions, and tested it, and all good. Ran a new workshop today, and had no problems. 

Thanks again!

Best,

Bruce