Question

How should I cite Miro Software?

Dear Miro-community,

I currently write my Master’s thesis and use Miro for visualisations/ mind mapping.

How should I cite Miro?

Also curious if other researchers are using Miro for team work and visualisations?

Thanks!

Adina

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Britny Brown,

Alyona from Miro Support is here for a moment 👋

In case you'd like to cite our blog posts or some other text we published or use visual materials exported from Miro in your publication, the materials should be shared with and approved by our Head of Communications. I'll share the email to which the materials need to be sent in DM. 

Hi @Britny Brown,

In case you'd like to cite our blog posts or some other text we published or use visual materials exported from Miro in your publication, the materials should be shared with and approved by our Head of Communications. I'll share the email to which the materials need to be sent in DM. 

Dear Alyona,

I would also like to have that email.

Thanks and best,

Niko

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Adina Ludwig -

According to this website (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/reference_list_electronic_sources.html), you’d use the format: Lastname, F. M. or Name of Group. (Year). Title of software (Version No.). Publisher. URL

Here’s the example they provided: Maplesoft. (2019). Maple companion (Version 2.1.0). Cybernet Systems Co. https://www.maplesoft.com/products/MapleCompanion/

Kiron

Thanks a lot!

I think you misunderstood the question, Alyona. The question is not “how do I cite something Miro published on their website/blog”. The question is, “how do I reference that I used Miro software in my analysis.”

I had to search an external source to find the corporate information, but I think it would be:

Miro (2022). Miro online whiteboard (no version provided). RealTimeBoard, Inc. www.miro.com.

Hey @Alyona, would you mind sending me the email adress as well?

Kind regards and thank you. :)

Hi @Britny Brown,

Hi @Alyona,

Could you also DM me this email address please?

Thanks in advance!

Would this then be how you’d cite it at present? I’m unclear on version histories and who the publisher would be.

Miro©. (2022). Miro Board. Miro Enterprise. Miro.com  

Hi @Britny Brown,

Dear Alyona, would you also send me this email address?

Thank you and best regards,

Kim

Hi Alyona, 

Can you send me the email address for the Head of Communications as I would like to use an exported Miro image in a piece of research

Best wishes, 

Jenny 

Hi @Alyona, do you have a second and can you send the mailadress to me, too?

Hi Therese,

The process didn't change since my last reply, so the materials should still be shared with and approved by our Head of Communications before citing. I've sent you a DM with the email to which they need to be sent. Hope this helps 🙂

Hi Altona, can you please provide more information regarding the policy and process for citing MIRO in academic works. Many Thanks Therese

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Therese,

The process didn't change since my last reply, so the materials should still be shared with and approved by our Head of Communications before citing. I've sent you a DM with the email to which they need to be sent. Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @Alyona please could I also have the Head of Communications email?  I have used Miro software to create a virtual whiteboard, as part of a project and would like to gain permission for including an image of this in a research publication.

Thank you