Answered

How do you all manage temporary teams?

• 27 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I have multiple clients whom I create Miro boards for where I facilitate experiences with them. 
These are temporary teams. I wouldn’t want to add licenses for these folks, nor would I want to give them day passes as we are working on a project together from 3 weeks to a full year.

We are using the boards with the general public, so I often have to lock access while I am working on the board - I would like to allow access for my temporary team while the boards are locked to the public, but again, full licenses for these folks nor day passes seem to fit the situation.

Additionally, I would like my collaborative clients to have team capabilities without full licensure or day passes.

How do you all manage these “relationships”? Do you just allow them as guest users and use passwords to lock boards to the public? Or do you pay for a full day pass every time they edit your shared boards?

Thanks in advance for any insight / best practices!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 27 April 2021, 22:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marne Maykowskyj - Some options:

1. As you suggested, use public access with a password.
  2. Create a Free Plan team with another email, add your paid plan email address as a member (and make them a Team Admin) and then use that Free Plan team to invite your collaborators to as team Members. Once you’re done with the boards and ready to make them public, duplicate or move them to your paid plan.

Additionally, I would like my collaborative clients to have team capabilities without full licensure or day passes.

I’m pretty sure Miro has mechanisms in place to ensure this doesn’t happen.