How can I restore a board from exported csv?

• 27 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Is it possible?

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rockstar -

Unfortunately not. You can open a CSV file containing exported sticky notes in Excel and copy & paste from that into a Miro board to create sticky notes, but that’s it. Any other content (e.g. shapes, cards) wouldn’t be imported in that manner.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@rockstar - Because there is no “Export a board to CSV” format, I will need to ask you to please clarify what object type(s) you exported as CVS, e.g., Sicky Notes, Cards, Shapes, Mind map nodes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@rockstar - You can import CSV/spreadsheet cells into Miro as Sticky Notes, then you can switch the Sticky Note(s) to a different object type, e.g.:

More on this in the Object transformation Help Center article → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572314-Object-transformation

@Robert Johnson, @Kiron Bondale, thank you for the answers.

It's very frustrating that you can't backup boards on the free plan. We are a small team that is not yet ready for additional costs. On the other hand, losing all the information accumulated in Miro would be a disaster.

I thought there was an option to use csv export-import as an alternative. But... Okay :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@rockstar - You may want to explore at least one team member having a paid seat on a Consultant Plan which is $15/monthly USD. That person could then create unlimited boards which could be backed up, and could add the other free/non-team members as Guests on boards in that Consultant Plan. You would likely want to either share the logon info with someone else, should the sole admin leave the organization, or just have a minimum of two paid seats.