Here’s what to do if you can’t apply for Education plan, cause your email isn’t accepted

Show first post

66 replies

"Hello. I am a primary school teacher in Japan. I registered for the educational plan last week, but it didn't go through. I used an educational email address. I need to use it urgently. Please expedite."

Hello, I am a student of a college in Canada, and my educational email doesn’t include edu. I ve attached my student ID to my application, but I still have not been accepted. Could you please help me with this issue?

When did you submit your application? The Education Plan help center article mentions it can take up to 10 days for a response.

Also, does your college provide you with an email address at all? For example, @humber.ca or @georgebrown.ca - when I went to St. Lawrence, my address was @sl.on.ca (although, they now use stlawrencecollege.ca).

If you are currently not using your college email address on your Miro account, you could update your account profile email to your college email and apply again.

Hello, Robert, thanks for your reply. Yes, I used my college email and college ID for applying. I applied again 12 days ago, still nothing.

Hello! I am a teacher from Ukraine, and my educational institution doesn’t have an email with an edu domain.

I’d like to apply for Education plan and I can confirm my employment as a teacher. Could you please help me with this? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @NishidaRyoki,

I can see that a ticket was created for your application and that my colleagues have followed up wit you earlier today. Please check your inbox and reply to the message received from my colleague. 

Hello! I’d like to register for a student account, but my institution doesn’t offer an email. Let me know how we can proceed! Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Katherine Joyce,

Thanks for reaching out!

Educators of online schools and platforms are only eligible for the Education plan team if that institution is accredited by the local Department of Education and awarding an academic degree.

I'll convert your message into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please send us the details confirming your educator's status as a reply via your inbox. 

The link for the community team to review an application is not working. It takes us back to the page to select an account type.” Please add a message to this thread if you're unable to apply using this form https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/ and the community team will convert your message into a support ticket.” What is the alternative if our name is not listed on a public web page?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Bianca Traistar

I've converted your message in community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please provide us with documents confirming your enrollment as a reply to the automated message you received. 

Hi @Bianca Traistar

I've converted your message in community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please provide us with documents confirming your enrollment as a reply to the automated message you received. 

Hi @Alyona. For some reason the answer doesn’t go through, although I have tried several times. I tried attaching a picture/document.

Привет! Я учитель начальных классов. Хочу подать заявку на участие в плане преподавателя. У меня нет образовательного адреса электронной почты, но я могу предоставить подтверждение своей принадлежности к образовательному учреждению в качестве преподавателя. Не могли бы вы мне помочь, пожалуйста?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Bianca Traistar

Hi @Alyona. For some reason the answer doesn’t go through, although I have tried several times. I tried attaching a picture/document.

Hi @Bianca Traistar, I just sent a follow-up message to you in the ticket thread, please try replying to it with the file attached. Alternatively, feel free to upload it to the cloud storage of your choosing and share the link to the file in your reply. Don't forget to make sure the uploaded file can be opened by anyone with the link 😉

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @K Bowden,

The Community team isn't reviewing the applications; it's still handled by the Support team. This thread is for cases when something is preventing you from applying for the Education plan via this page: https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/

What is the alternative if our name is not listed on a public web page?

If you are employed by the educational institution and your name is not listed on its web page, you can provide any other document which validates your employment status.

Hi, Alyona. The link to that page only takes me back to the page where we select a plan instead of a thread.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Volha Aliakseyeva,

I've converted your message from this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please provide us with documents confirming your employment as a primary teacher as a reply to the automated message you received.

Hey! I’d like to make my account into student account, but my institution doesn’t offer an email. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Nataniel

I've converted your message from this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please provide us with documents confirming your enrollment as a reply to the automated message you received.