Harmonize resolution and scale across a board?

• 16 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

various aspects like ‘what does text size 14 mean on the board?’ are dependent on the zoom level of the board when you placed a new shape containing the text. If you did oversight that you changed the zoom level before placing the next shape you end up with e.g. two shapes that both have text size 14 but the text is of different size. Since bold and non-bold is also affected by this it can be quite annoying.

Is there a recommended way or even an undocumented trick that a missed to harmonize that later on - to align scale and resolution of each shape?

Any hint is very much appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Matthias👋
We made several tests but couldn’t reproduce the issue you are reporting - when we copy & paste shapes between the boards with different zoom levels, the size of the text remains the same. 

Thus, we converted your post into a support ticket and will reach out to you via email shortly. Please stay tuned!

Hey,

it was never about Copy&Pasting between boards. I’m at one and the same board, two frames added directly from the tool box, each of them has tables added directly from the toolbox. In both frames the tables have “Text Size 14” but in one frame the text in the tables is substantially smaller.

Maybe only the tables are affected or it’s related to the frames - I didn’t verify that. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Matthias,
Thank you for the additional details on the case!

I didn’t manage to replicate the problem on my side - I added frames & tables via main toolbar using different zoom levels but the text size is the same on both frames:

To that end, could you please record and send us a short video showing the steps that lead to the issue (ticket #505323)? We’ll then be sure to start the investigation. Thank you!