Question

Free restricted user's board ownership

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am going to change the status of one of the members from Full member to free restricted license,

but the member is the owner of some of the boards, what is gonna happen if 

I change the setting as mentioned? Who is going to be the owner of those boards instead?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shoko Strang - My best guess would be that Miro would treat this change the same way they would if the user was being deleted from the team and should prompt you who should be the new owner of their content (boards, projects, and templates). I say just for it and see what happens :grinning: (and I say that with confidence that things won’t completely break for you...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Shoko Strang - I was still curious about this and found the following note on the License management on FLP subscriptions Help Center article:

--

My interruption of this is that the user will remain the owner of the board, and will be able to modify the share settings, but they can only view or comment on the board.

The Enterprise and Business Plans are the only ones that I don't have any hands-on experience with. I would curious to know what happens.