Skip to main content

How do I add a private template to the tool list?

Hi @Johannes Kingma,

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you looking to create your own template? If so, here's how you can add it:

1. Go to your team's dashboard.
  2. Click on Explore Templates.
  3. Scroll down to the Custom Templates section.
  4. Click Create Template to design your own!

Note: Custom Templates is not available in Free plan.

Once you've created it, you’ll be able to access it in the template pannel for future use. Let me know if you need further clarification or run into any issues—happy to help!

I was a bit unclear in my question I've created a frame template for a specific board (not a board template). But this frame termplate is not available in the tools bar.

Hi @Johannes Kingma,

Thanks for the clarification!

To confirm, Miro doesn’t currently have a specific feature that allows a frame itself to be saved as a standalone template directly in the toolbar. However, the closest option is using Custom Templates, where you can create a template of the entire board layout, including frames, and save it for future use.

Would you consider saving your frame design as part of a custom board template? You can create or edit a blank board, design your frame in it, and save it as a custom template. This way, you’ll be able to easily access it from the templates panel for reuse.

Let me know if this works for your case or if you need help setting it up. Happy to guide you through the process!