Answered

Export to CSV: add additional information

• 11 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I tried to export the work done by a group to CSV.

I realized that a lot of information I would need are missing! For example

• type of object (is it a note? a frame?). it seems to be all mixed together.
  • note color (very useful when we use it to create categories!)
  • comments attached to a note (It seems that only tags are exported?)

Is there any advanced option I am missing?

Otherwise the current export vastly reduces the potential for post workshop analysis.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 11 December 2020, 13:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@silva -

unfortunately that is all that is exported at present. If you search in the community wish list topics you will find a few enhancement requests for CSV exports so you may wish to upvote those…

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hello and thanks for the answer…

I voted them all… so I should also probably then transfer this request into ideas..

as all the proposed improvements are not yet enough.

Really they would make the difference in miro, and make it also a great research tool!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@silva - And depending on how valuable this information would be, you could investigate hiring someone to build you a custom web-plugin using Miro’s Developer Platform. More information can be found in the developer platform documentation.

From your example above and from what I know of the Miro’s SDK developer platform capabilities, it would be possible for you to select a number of objects, execute a custom plugin, and have it gather all of the information about the objects you have selected, and prompt for download as CSV.

In this quick example, I

1. opened the Developer Tools console in the Chrome browser
  2. typed in “loadSdk” and pressed Enter
  3. I selected the sticky note that I had created
  4. and then I typed in “miro.board.selection.get()” and pressed Enter.

This is what I can learn from the selected object:

As for Comments, I cannot say for sure these are accessible using the developer platform SDK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Okay… I was curious, so I looked up getting comments in the documentation:

https://developers.miro.com/docs/sdk#scopes

To test this, I created two stickies on a new board and two comments. I then attached one of the comments to the green sticky.

First, let’s get all of the object or “widgets” on the board using miro.board.widgets.get()

The red sticky’s ID is: 3074457352554202759

The green one is: 3074457352554202775

Next, let’s get all of the comments on the board using miro.board.comments.get():

The comments are there, but I can’t immediately read any more information about them - the actual comment text, who added it, if it is attached to an object or not, etc. 

Anyway.. just some insight as to what is possible!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply… miro is already quite expensive as it is and I could never afford the development of a plugin! But it doing a fix really relatively easy, as you showed… I hope the miro team will soon implement this useful feature! :-)