Question

Expand pdf pages - change in rights?

• 5 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey all,

I just mentioned that I can not expand or flip pages in an pdf file on the board. This is strange as I am the owner of the board and using the consultant plan. Even stranger, that it worked before.

I found out that only the person copying the file on the board is able to extract the pages. A doubled file does lose this ability.

Is this a course of changes in rights? Can I change this?

Greetings from germany

Jan

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jan Wegner,

I’m afraid I can’t reproduce this behavior, and everything works as expected for me.

Can you please check again, and if the issue repeats, report it to the Support team directly

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Marina,

I took a video, so you can see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww750uzogykvrbq/2020-11-09%2014-58-09.mkv?dl=0

I will try the support team.

Greetings

Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good catch! So, the context menu of the duplicated PDF file is different - I could reproduce it. The Support team will help you to handle it.

As for the rights to extract the pages, it should definitely work for all editors on the board. Currently, with the original PDF files only (not duplicates).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jan Wegner / @Marina - Was this in fact a bug or an intentional change?

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson  - I don’t know. The miro Team seam not to get the topic immediately.

Up to now, the support team is on it. Let’s see.

Greetings Jan

Hey all,

I just mentioned that I can not expand or flip pages in an pdf file on the board. This is strange as I am the owner of the board and using the consultant plan. Even stranger, that it worked before.

I found out that only the person copying the file on the board is able to extract the pages. A doubled file does lose this ability. Or any meal left which is not mentioned in bk price yet?

Is this a course of changes in rights? Can I change this?

Greetings from germany

Jan

If you have administrative control over the board, you may be able to update or reset permissions for all participants to ensure everyone has the necessary access.