Skip to main content

Embed Miro Board into an editable format

• 25 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to export/embed a Miro board into Visio or PowerPoint and it must be editable.  I cannot figure out how to do this for PowerPoint and would appreciate step by step instructions.  Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Adrienne! Miro isn’t integrated with PowerPoint so I’m afraid that it’s not possible to embed editable Miro boards into PowerPoint slides. As a workaround, we suggest that you create presentations right in Miro so you don’t have to switch the tools: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Adrienne Confortini - At your own risk, you could explore using a 3rd-party plugin for PowerPoint - just Google “embedding website into PowerPoint”.

@Helga suggesting that we create entire PPTs in Miro is not a valid solution.  Many of us are using Miro independently from our organization.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Adrienne! Miro isn’t integrated with PowerPoint so I’m afraid that it’s not possible to embed editable Miro boards into PowerPoint slides. As a workaround, we suggest that you create presentations right in Miro so you don’t have to switch the tools: 

suggesting that we create entire PPTs in Miro is not a valid solution.  Many of us are using Miro independently from our organization.   

@Kasey Macsenti - Helga suggested a workaround, not a solution -- the words have different meanings in this context.

At this time, it seems that PowerPoint does not support the embedding of websites into PPT slide --  a decision made by Microsoft, not Miro. Therefore, you could request this on a Microsoft forum:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-365-feature-requests/idb-p/Windows365Requests

@Robert Johnson, I do know the definitions between workaround and solution.  My point is that the recommendation (workaround or otherwise) is not valid for the many of us who use Miro independently.