Skip to main content

Embed Miro Board into an editable format

• 25 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to export/embed a Miro board into Visio or PowerPoint and it must be editable.  I cannot figure out how to do this for PowerPoint and would appreciate step by step instructions.  Thank you!

Hi Adrienne! Miro isn’t integrated with PowerPoint so I’m afraid that it’s not possible to embed editable Miro boards into PowerPoint slides. As a workaround, we suggest that you create presentations right in Miro so you don’t have to switch the tools: 

@Adrienne Confortini - At your own risk, you could explore using a 3rd-party plugin for PowerPoint - just Google “embedding website into PowerPoint”.

@Helga suggesting that we create entire PPTs in Miro is not a valid solution.  Many of us are using Miro independently from our organization.   

Hi Adrienne! Miro isn’t integrated with PowerPoint so I’m afraid that it’s not possible to embed editable Miro boards into PowerPoint slides. As a workaround, we suggest that you create presentations right in Miro so you don’t have to switch the tools: 

suggesting that we create entire PPTs in Miro is not a valid solution.  Many of us are using Miro independently from our organization.   

@Kasey Macsenti - Helga suggested a workaround, not a solution -- the words have different meanings in this context.

At this time, it seems that PowerPoint does not support the embedding of websites into PPT slide --  a decision made by Microsoft, not Miro. Therefore, you could request this on a Microsoft forum:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-365-feature-requests/idb-p/Windows365Requests

@Robert Johnson, I do know the definitions between workaround and solution.  My point is that the recommendation (workaround or otherwise) is not valid for the many of us who use Miro independently.