Do I need a paid account to open .RTB backup?

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi Miro, 

I want to open up some of my old work from when I was a paid user. I cannot open my files though on my free account. I don’t want to have to pay for one month simply to view a document. I’m trying to show some of my work for job interviews.

I plan on re-subscribing when I get a new position.

The PDF, PNG, and JPG exports are all horribly cut off.

Kind regards,

Devon

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Devon Veillette -

Unfortunately the ability to backup and restore a board is only available through one of the paid plans. 

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Devon Veillette

The PDF, PNG, and JPG exports are all horribly cut off.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but if there are any files/documents embedded in the .rtb that you need (.jpg, .pdf, .docx, .png, etc.) you should be able to rename the .rtb to .zip and open with a compressed file reader, e.g., 7-zip.org is free.

At one point in time you could have also extracted object text from one of the compressed .json files, but Miro has since encrypted these files.

@Kiron Bondale Thank you for letting me know for sure. That really sucks that now my work is locked in the RTB files. It seems pretty steep to require $15-20 USD per month simply to look at the boards.

@Robert Johnson I had exported my boards as .PDFs and PNGs for good measure in the event I couldn’t get back into my MIRO board for whatever reason but the exported boards are cut off on all sides and enormous amounts are missing. I’m assuming MIRO has hard limits on what it can export.

I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer me. I’ll try to find a friend with paid account to open the files.