Conference presentation

• 7 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey Community, can someone please help me? I have to do an online conference presentation which will be held on Zoom. When I integrate Miro with Zoom, the speed is significantly reduced. So I'm thinking of starting a talk on Zoom and then asking people to access the Miro board using the provided link. Does anyone have any suggestions for a better idea?
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions,
Lena

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lena Redman -

That is how I’ve been running my online virtual courses since April 2020 - Zoom for video conferencing and for sharing PPT slides and Miro for collaboration on group exercises. It works fine and you can tune the settings in Zoom to not consume too many system resources.

Kiron

Oh, I'm so glad to hear this! 
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Do you have any suggestions to share?
Have a lovely day,
Lena 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lena Redman -

Turn off the setting for sharing sound from your computer and optimizing Zoom for videos unless you are actively sharing a video from your computer. Also if you are sharing a PPT deck, minimize its size using the option in the Save As dialog box. With Miro, I’d suggest turning off collaborator cursors unless you really need to see them.

Kiron

Thank you very much, Kiron, for this. But I’m not sure if I understand.
If I turn off the sound on my computer (and video?) and collaborator cursors in Miro, than what is the point of using Zoom or Miro? 

Sorry, I definitely, didn’t understand something,
Lena