Question

cells resizing in table

• 14 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello All,

I have an issue with the cells resize feature.

I typically use tables and a combination of different shapes. I select the cell resize MANUAL setting and I use the CTRL key to resize when necessary; however once this is done I cannot change that cell anymore (hence column and row) even if I remove the cell. I would need the flexibility of doing so.

Can you help?

Thanks  alot 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Silvia M!

Thank you for reporting the issue!

I’m not sure if I understood your process correctly, but here’s what I’ve tried:

1. Set the Cell resize to Manual.
  2. Hold ctrl and move the sticky into a cell so that it changes the size to fit the sticky.
  3. Once the sticky is dropped into the cell, I can change the size of the cell manually (please note that you may need to zoom in closer to be able to grab the line).

Here’s a GIF showing the process:

If I misunderstood your process, could you please record a short loom video showing the issue? 🧐

Hope this helps!

Hi Polina, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have recorded a video to show you what I mean:

at 0:16 I have pressed CTRL

at 0:33 I have tried to resize the cells which were automatically reshaped but it was not succesfull unless I move the shape out of the cells (this is my issue). 

It seems trivial but I use tables and shapes to build complex project plans. If by mistake anyone of the team mebers press CTRL instead of SHIFT the table gets permanently changed :/  

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Silvia M!

Thank you for uploading the video - I think it’s clear to me what the issue is! 🙂

I’m afraid that this is indeed how the grids (aka tables) work - once you’ve placed a shape into a cell and the cell has changed its size to fit the shape, it will stay this way until you remove the shape and manually change the size of the cell back.

You may want to share this improvement for tables behavior in the Wish List - the fellow Miro users will be able to view and upvote your suggestion as well as come up with possible workarounds. It could become a great addition to Miro one day. ✨