Skip to main content

When i click on the invitation all i see are my old boards from last year. i think i’m landing in the wrong project folder. how do i jump to the new project? any search i do for the new board name searches only within the project i landed in.

Your invitation was most likely cancelled.

I would suggest reaching out to whomever invited you to the board to see if anything has changed. They could then invite you again. 

I already spoke to him. He has no idea so I’m trying to figure it out myself. One thing I wondered: if I’m logging in using my original ID and he defined me as a team member using another ID/domain, do I need to login under the new ID. 

what I’m really asking is how exactly does the board owner define the permissable members of the team? 

@christine-on-16 -

The board owner could share it with the team as a whole, with individuals on the team or with the entire world (using the Visitor method). In the first or second cases if he had added you to the team using a different Miro account, then your original one would not be able to access the board. However, if you tried to access it, it would normally prompt you to “request access” from the owner - did it do that?

Kiron

@christine-on-16 - A few other considerations:

1. Exactly how your colleague invite you - to a board or to a team? Example - does the invite email say:
    “NAME] has invited you to the hBOARD NAME] board!”
    Or does it say something like:
    “>NAME] has invited you to the TEAM NAME] team!”
    When you click on the link, if you were invited to a team, you should end up at the team dashboard, but it it was a board link, you should end up on the board.
    Perhaps you are on one dashboard, but your Miro account profile, i.e., email address, is a member of multiple teams, at which point you could switch between teams, e.g.:

2. You mentioned multiple IDs. A Miro account profile is unique to an email address. Each Miro account profile can be associated with a virtually unlimited number of teams (as illustrated in my last screenshot). If your colleagued invited you using a different email address, clicking on the link while not sighed in as that same email address will just load your current profile’s dashboard.

You could either:

1. Ask your colleague to check what email address they see when they go into the Team settings profile:
     And users/active users page:
  2. You could also just ask your colleague to invite you again using the email address that you are currently signed into Miro with.