cant create User Activity in User Story Map

• 5 September 2022
  • 1 reply

I am working on a User Story Map (USM), using the template, and cannot create a new User Activity (Epic), ie the Blue top-row cards, on my USM board.  I already have 3 User Activities and a number of Tasks below each of them.  I also have some stories under some of the Tasks.  However, when I attempt to create a 4th User Activity, by clicking the plus (+) icon to the right of my 3rd User Activity, a 4th card flashes up, but disappears before I can type anything in it.  

Why is this?

I have used Miro User Story Map successfully before, over a year or two, and haven’t seen this problem before. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@CraigCampbellCS - I just tested this in Chrome and the Miro desktop app on Windows 11 (64-bit) and did not experience the behaviour you are describing.

How are you accessing Miro?

A few things to try:

1. Clear your browser cache
  2. If using the Miro desktop app, reset the application data

Perhaps something in the board/USM has gotten “confused”. I would suggest that you try copy-pasting the USM on the same board and see if the duplicate works for you.

You could also try duplicating the entire board and see if that fixes the issue (try from the new, duplicated board).