Answered

Can unknown users join our team without our permission?

Hi All!

I am really happy to use miro, it is a piece of a nice digital product. Unfortunately, my team came across a surprising event. We were using the free plan for testing and we added to the team a few members. One month later 20 unknown users appeared in our team. Is this a bug or in the free plan miro community gains access to our content and can join our team without our permission?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 6 May 2020, 15:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joan28 -

What type of users are these? If you visit the Team Members portal for the Miro team you are referencing, do they show up there and what sort of licenses do they have? 

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

Yes, these users are in the Team members section and their role is “Member”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joan28 -

As the free plan provides access for an infinite number of users, is it possible that one of your initial members might have shared the board with the “second wave” of users?

Kiron

A few members received links to boards, so I guess it could happen. If I understand correctly, no one will see my board if I won’t share it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joan28 -

With paid plans, you can provide access to all boards within a project to members by granting access to the project itself. The free plan doesn’t provide the ability to set up projects so yes, if you haven’t shared the board with others they wouldn’t even know of its existence.

Kiron

Ok, That helped me a lot. Thank you