Can the same email address be used with different clients?

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi - if I’ve got a new client who wants me to collaborate in Miro, do I need to use a different email address to sign in than one I’ve used with another client? I’ve tried to access the board from the invite the new client sent me and I can’t. And I’m wondering if that’s simply because they didn’t give me access before sharing or it’s because I can’t use the same email with two different companies.

Any help will be much appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

You should definitely be able to use the same email address, as I do that exact thing. It sounds like an access rights issue, so first step would be to confirm that they actually have given you access to the board(s) in question

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Brooke Borkan - I can confirm what @Paul Snedden is saying - you can be added to other teams/subscriptions or invited to boards as a Guest

A few things to keep in mind as you and your client try to get you collaborating on their board:

- If they have a Starter Plan subscription, the only way from you to be able to edit their boards is if (a) they add you to the team or (b) you access the board as a visitor.

- If they have a Business Plan subscription, then any team member can add any registered Miro user to a board they are the owner (or Co-owner) of. Visitor access works here too.

- Note: for both Starter and Business Plans, if Ty are trying to invite you to the team as a team member, which will consume a licence, a Team or Company Admin may need to approve the action - this could explain why you are receiving an invite, but still cannot access the board, i.e. because you are not a member of the team where the board resides. 

- And if your client has an Enterprise Plan subscription with Miro, things can get even more complicated as Guest and/or Visitor access could be disabled.