Question

Can't access any features, stuck in 'request access' window.

• 30 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I cannot access any features or options when I enter Miro. I am only faced with this window, which cannot be clicked away. Can’t press escape, can’t do anything. The ONLY thing I seem to be able to do is request access for existing boards.

So what if I want to create a new private personal board? Can’t do that? Why not? Didn’t Miro developers think that was a possibility? What am I missing? I already hate Miro.

Wow Miro really boosting and empowering me today. 

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I don’t have an immediate answer for you, but what do you mean by “when I enter Miro?”  What is the URL you are using?

To be honest, Miro can be a bit “flaky” - and the reason for this is that a LOT of information is cached inside your browser. So whenever something crazy happens, I always use a private window (on Safari) or an incognito window (on Chrome) or I clear my browser’s cache.

If you provide a few more details, I am sure we can figure it out!

Thanks a bunch for your help Kenneth! 

So I arrive at this url: https://miro.com/app/dashboard/ immediately after logging in, and is also where I’m instantly taken if I just go to miro.com in a new window (once logged in).

Sadly deleting cache doesn’t seem to fix it either. I feel like there’s something I’m fundamentally missing about the way Miro works. Is it perhaps not possible to use for free? But how would I even go about setting up payments if I literally cannot access anything. Don’t they want my money?

Userlevel 3

Hmmmm . . . the URL provided is the URL that I myself would use to access the boards that I have already created, but I am already a registered user.

If you haven’t done it already - and if you want to use the free version - then if you have not already done it I would recommend browsing to https://miro.com, which should look something like this:

And then “Sign Up for Free.”

Here’s the kicker: you don’t technically need an account in order to use boards that other people have created. If someone sends you a link like this (see below) which points directly to a specific board, then you can access the board. 

But if you sign up, at least you’ll have a bit more power: you can create (I think) up to 3 free boards and do other stuff. Now, if you want to open your wallet, then of course the sky is the limit and there are many different license models. (Miro has to fund themselves somehow!) I think their top-of-the-line license includes a seat on a Gulfstream IV so that you can work on your boards at 30’000 feet in a luxury private plane.

https://miro-dot-com/app/board/uXjVNV1_25g=/?share_link_id=abcdefghijkl

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@asdasdasd - I don’t see any mention of when this started happening, were you using Miro before, for how long, etc., so I will assume what is going on here is that your Miro account profile was previously a part of an Enterprise Plan subscription team. Then, either you left the team, or a Team Admin removed you, but your account profile is still a member at the “company” level of that Enterprise subscription. And, that subscription has domain control enabled, which can be configured to block any uses in the subscription from creating teams outside of the Enterprise subscription. I know all of this as the same thing happened to me once before. 

Does any sound like your situation? If the team(s) you were previously a member of were part of an Enterprise subscription, this would have been indicated by this building/org icon:

If this all sounds like your situation, a Company Admin of that enterprise plan will need to completely remove you from the subscription.

While the answer is likely no, do you see a “Create new team” action here?

And it looks like you didn’t share a screenshot of your entire screen, so I will ask:

Something to try...

Create a new Free Plan with another email address, add your current email as a member of that new team and grant them the Team Admin role. That should make the new Free Plan team show up on your existing profile.

Once you have done that, hopefully the “+” symbol action on the left of your dashboard will now be “Add teams” and not “Join teams”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@asdasdasd - Was this resolved? If not, I better understand what is happening now and can help get you into a working state again.