Bug in Miro App (How do I fix this?)

• 8 January 2024
  • 3 replies

When double clicking on a box element that has text in it, in order to edit the text, the text instead moves about 4 inches to the left of the box, and cannot be edited. This can only be fixed by clicking around madly for a minute or two, until it finally works. I have a LOT of text to edit in Miro over the next few weeks. Why does something so simple not work, and what is a workaround/when will it be fixed? I don’t want to have to let my employed know that the enterprise app they are using doesn’t work.

This is in the standalone Miro app (which we have to use, no web access allowed).

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jon H -

This is certainly not normal behavior of the Miro app! Given that you are unable to try reproducing the same behavior through a browser session, I’d suggest opening a support request with Miro here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

I have the same issue - this has been doing my head in.  When editing text of an object it often appears in the top left of the screen, no where near to the object.  If your text is black, it’s just about workable - but if your text is white, it is effectively invisible and you have to guess type to get it right.

Gonna have to resort back to the web app until this is fixed.

Mine has been doing this for months. zoom in and it works correctly - but at the wrong zoom level it doesn’t change the text size or anything - just types outside of the box. weird!