[Bug] Can't sign out when a request is pending

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I went to miro.com and clicked the Sign Up Free button. Upon entering my work email, I was prompted to join my company’s team. Some of our Miro boards are set up so that anyone with the link can edit, but I couldn’t open them or any other Miro link, which would always send me to the “Your request was sent” page. In other words, once you’re signed in but the request is pending, there is no way to sign out.

I managed to sign out by clearing my browser’s local storage, session storage and cookies, and only then I was able to open the Miro links shared with me. It would be nice to have a sign out button on the “Your request was sent” page to avoid this bad user experience.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joe Maffei -

It sounds like the some of the boards are shared publicly (i.e. for Visitor access), but not with members of the team. So when you access them after being logged in to Miro, it thinks you are trying to get access to the board as a named member of the team and sends an “access requested” request. 

This sounds like the “as designed” behavior rather than a bug. 

It might be worth checking if these boards are, in fact, not being shared with everyone in the team and if there isn’t a good reason not to have them shared that way, do so along with continuing to have them shared for Visitor access.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Public access/visitors access doesn’t sound like the issue here. It sounds like the following steps were taken:

1. Go to miro.com and click sign up for free
  2. when Miro sees the user’s email domain, it checks for any existing teams in Miro where the admin has specified that the team is discoverable, but required approval:
  3. This is what the signing up user would see:

Re visitor access and team members: I did set a board as follows:

And then I signed in as another team member and while the board was not visible in the other user’s dashboard - due to the Anyone at Rob team being set to No access, I could still access the board using the link as it was set to Anyone with the link, which overrides all permission levels. It’s worth pointing out that with the addition of adding a password to the board, this is how you can block access to team members while still sharing with non-team members or guests.

The main issue I wanted to point out was the inability to sign out. Once you’re signed in, but pending approval, there is no way to sign out other than clearing local storage, session storage and cookies manually.