Answered

Bring to me and Bring Everyone to me changed?

• 14 October 2020
  • 4 replies

It’s possible that I’m going mad but I’m sure that when I was on my colleague’s board (as a guest editor, he has the Consultant Plan) that I could use both the bring to me and the Bring everyone to me functionality when in a workshop (we co-deliver together).

Has the functionality changed?  It doesn’t work today and I’m sure I used it with another group yesterday.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 October 2020, 15:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roger Porthouse -

I just did a quick check and both those options are available to me in one of the boards I’m currently sharing…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Roger Porthouse - According to the Attention Management help center article, Bring everyone to me is not available for Guest Editors:

Without knowing exactly how your friend has set up the sharing for you (public edit link vs. day pass for one board), it is possible that it was working for you, but as per the help article it should not have and the gap has now been closed. Or perhaps you are being impacted by whatever has caused a similar sounding issue in the following post:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/i-m-a-board-owner-in-a-browser-but-a-guest-editor-in-the-desktop-app-same-board-2284

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Roger Porthouse - According to the Attention Management help center article, Bring everyone to me is not available for Guest Editors:

This is my experience recently, as the Desktop app as downgraded me from Owner (which I am) to guest editor of my own boards, and I haven’t been able to use the Bring everyone to me feature when using the App. I’ve had to open the board in a browser to get that power back. The lesson being that yes, it is not available for Guest Editors.

Hi

It would be great if guest editors could also use Follow and Bring everyone to me. I used in Mural and expected it to work here in Miro too. 

From the Attention Management – Miro Support & Help Center

Follow and Bring to me features are available to all editors on the board.

Guest Editors can only follow other collaborators.

What are the reasons it is not supported?