Answered

Board Content Not Interactive

• 27 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

While in Chrome (the app works), nothing on the board is interactable. As you will see in the video, the buttons on the interface works but i can’t interact with the actual board and this includes navigation. I have opened new links, refreshed the website, toggled navigation modes, close chrome down completely and opened it again, but nothing works.

See Example:

Chrome and Miro Issue

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 28 May 2021, 02:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Terrence Cronin -

The video you posted is not accessible (permissions issue). Have you tried clearing your browsing history and cache and then restarting Chrome? Is this happening with all boards or just one board?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Terrence Cronin - From your video, it looks like your installation of Chrome is managed, e.g., by an employer:

It is quite likely that there is either a policy or an extension that is interfering with your Miro interactions.

I would suggest trying from an Incognito window (Ctrl + Shift + N) which usually disables any browser extensions - however, your organization may have enabled extensions for Incognito sessions too.

Userlevel 3

HI thank you for the suggestions… so my browser has always been managed by my employer with no issues. That of course doesn’t discount that a policy change could be the culprit, but I looked into incognito mode and Miro worked! So I went through the extensions as you suggested and I started disabling them or uninstalling them and I finally got it to work. There was an extension called Octoshop (which has been installed for some reason or another for a while now), which seems to have brought functionality back to Miro. 

Thank you so much for your suggestion. You saved the day!