Answered

Billing - removing team member on a yearly plan

• 12 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, 

I know that there is an article about this in the help center, but I am a little confused about one thing. 

In the article it says that when you add a team member on a yearly plan you pay for a year. My question is: When you remove them (for example one month later), how exactly do you receive the amount of the unused time back?

I’ve seen different answers to this. One was that the amount will be subtracted from my next payment. But what if I will not make another payment (or add a new team member), since we’ve already payed for the year?

Thank you in advance!

Sarah 

icon

Best answer by Marina 31 July 2020, 06:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah Ress,

The Support team helped me with the reply: 

In the article it says that when you add a team member on a yearly plan you pay for a year. My question is: When you remove them (for example one month later), how exactly do you receive the amount of the unused time back?

You pay the proration until the end of the billing period (when you add new seats). When you remove seats the system calculates the proration for the unused time that you've paid for and strikes this amount off your upcoming invoice.

I’ve seen different answers to this. One was that the amount will be subtracted from my next payment. But what if I will not make another payment (or add a new team member), since we’ve already payed for the year?

If you're not going to renew the subscription (and would like to cancel it until the end of the billing period), the amount for the unused time will just stay on your subscription balance. If you're not sure that you need annual seats, you may consider choosing a monthly subscription instead of annual.

If you need more details on your subscription, it would be better to reach out to the Support team directly :relaxed: