AWS Group (VPC, Region, Availability Zone, etc.) Icons Missing

• 8 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Miro, but have used Lucid Chart extensively. I do a lot of AWS Architecture Diagrams. I have access to Miro’s AWS Architecture Template and can see group icons on the template, i.e. VPC, Availability Zone, etc. However, I can’t find Region or VPC or Availability Zone shapes in the shapes panel. I’ve looked through all the AWS shapes and General shapes, but still can’t find them.

Does the AWS Shape Pack come with those shapes? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ryan

2 replies

I’ve just gone looking for the same thing and can’t find them. Miro used to have group icons for things like AWS cloud, region, VPC, organization etc.. but it looks like they’ve recently updated the shapes and removed them.

Hopefully someone notices this and re-adds them, because I rely on them heavily.

I wanted to provide an update to this issue! Miro is aware of the bug and will be adding the shapes back in a couple weeks! Here is there response:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hey there! Your request #601650 has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Brianna (Miro Support)

Aug 31, 2023, 19:11 UTC

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your patience with an update on the AWS group icons!

Great news, the team has confirmed that the AWS groups are being brought back and they should be released here in the next couple of weeks! They will be released as full container shapes, similar to what you experienced when working in Lucid.

Additionally, I have received confirmation that the Region, AWS Cloud, VPC, Availability Zones, and Private Subnet will all be included in this release along with further icon groups.

Please keep your eye out for the release and let me know if you have any further questions or concerns! 

In the meantime, let me close the ticket to keep your inbox free of extra notifications. Please rest assured should you reply in this thread, the ticket will be automatically reopened.

All the best,